04 Mar Handyman Maintenance Business Plan
HandyMan Stan is a startup offering a full handyman service to Duluth, Minnesota residents. HandyMan Stan will quickly establish a reputation as a trustworthy, reliable service provider.
HandyMan Stan's target audience has been divided into two segments: property managers and homeowners. The home owner segment has 24,090 potential clients. This segment has a 5% annual rate of growth. There are 1,243 potential customer in the property managers segment. This segment is growing at a rate of 4% annually.
Stan is a handyman who can offer many home repairs. While these are minor jobs, contractors can be hired to handle more complex problems. HandyMan Stan will provide the value-added service to pre-screen contractors for repairs that Stan is not able to do. This will establish a trusting relationship with the customer. If a smaller issue arises, Stan is more likely than not to be called due to his honesty. Stan offers repair services for plumbing, electrical and windows.
HandyMan Stan offers a unique service that sets him apart from other companies: a low price with a minimal charge. Stan will charge a reasonable $30 per an hour as a way to encourage people who are interested in hiring him to do tasks that they wouldn't otherwise have to try or just ignore until it becomes more difficult. Stan's one-hour minimum is the second aspect of his competitive advantage. This compares favorably to industry competitors, who have minimums of two to three hours. This gives customers an incentive to contact Stan'#8217 sooner than other service providers.
HandyMan Stan's mission it to provide a knowledgeable, efficient, and affordable handyman service in Duluth. HandyMan Stan will give every customer an honest day's work and fix any problems.
1.2 Keys to Success
- Treat each customer as if they were your most important customer.
- Honestly evaluate the needed skills for a job, passing it onto a contractor if it is too difficult as opposed to taking on a job that cannot be completed perfectly.
- It is important to work hard, ensure 100% customer satisfaction and work hard. If this is done, profitability will follow.
- In 12 months, turn the business into full-time employment.
- Stable revenue per year at the end of year 2.
- Get more than 20% of your business from repeat customers