04 Mar Convenience Store Soda Fountain Business Plan
With the expansion of the Oregon State University (OSU) campus and tourism growing in the Bend, Oregon area, The Coffee Break will start business to provide convenience while still maintaining nutrition and satisfaction. Market research indicates a promising market in women and seniors over 55. We will meet their demands by serving great food at a reasonable price. The Coffee Break also has a small coffee shop, soda fountain, as well as an ice cream cart for those who desire to spend some time enjoying a refreshing beverage.
Our three main markets are students and business people. These segments are all growing in demand and size. Many of our customers will find convenience in our prime location.
The Coffee Break will be a model for local standards. Convenience stores, ice cream shops and coffee stands will no longer be offered in separate locations. They will all be available at the same location for ease and convenience. The Coffee Break is open to everyone, no matter their time or how long they've been there.
Success keys 1.2
The Coffee Break's key to success is:
- The location is close to a hospital, university, small businesses, and tourist attractions. This will ensure that the customer base grows.
- First area convenience store to incorporate a nostalgic setting.
- Flexible hours for both peak and off-peak customers
- Unique and high quality goods at reasonable rates
The Coffee Break will be a convenience store for busy college students, local business employees, and tourists. It will soon be the most popular place to shop for quick and easy needs, as well as a relaxing spot to unwind after a long day. The Coffee Break is here to help achieve this.
- In year 1, generate $218,000 in sales, with a 11% growth rate over the next four.
- Aim for a maximum gross margin at 55% each and every year.
- You should have a net profit exceeding $20,000 by the end the year 1.